Be prepared for a huge amount of Benedict Cumberbatch and Sherlock fandom here. Also a ton of John/Sherlock slash.
This tumblr may or may not also contain the following: kimono. Hannibal. Tom Hiddleston. Photography. Supernatural. Nail polish. Classic American muscle cars. Comic books. Science fiction. Alex Kingston. Kitties. Jensen Ackles. Stupid internet memes. Cephalopods. Jewelry. Flowers. Tea. Doctor Who. Harry Potter. True Blood. Tom Felton. Misha Collins. Anne Hathaway. Batman. Catwoman. Teen Wolf. Spidergate.
A quick note on reposting my graphics and images. I would prefer if nothing I made here got reposted on Facebook, Pinterest, Imgur, etc. However, if for some reason you ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY have to share it, please let me know so I can see the responses there, and do not remove my watermark.
belovedmuerto is my beloved lovey and pieuvrecakes is my darling fishwife
This tag is to get to know the person behind the blog better. As with any tagging game there are rules: Rule 1 - Post the rules. Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones. Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post. Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
I was tagged by the awesome and fantastic http://stitchingatthecircuitboard.tumblr.com/!
1. Have you had a life-changing experience? A dream, a chance encounter, a string of words, a tornado, anything? Not really, but I’m hoping the impending brain surgery will be relatively life-changing for the better.
2. If you had to pick one story (book, fanfic, television show/episode, movie, poem, anything) as your favorite, what would it be? The novella Kitchen, by Banana Yoshimoto.
3. Are you good at keeping plants alive? When I can be arsed to, yes. However, plants are fairly low on my priority list, so I usually get distracted. XD
4. What’s something interesting/funny/profound you heard/read/saw recently? http://cheetocat.com/ - a handsome, funny cat who looks like my Vinnie.
5. Do you have any cool hobbies? This is kind of a funny question - everyone thinks their hobbies are cool, even if they bore the shit out of everyone else!
No, seriously though, I do. I collect and wear traditional kimono, and I blog about it. I also lecture about them, dress others for fun or charity events, and am a moderator on the largest English-language kimono and geisha culture message board on the internet, Immortal Geisha.
6. If it was the last day of your life, what would you do? You know, I wish I had some deep, pithy response for this. Unfortunately, every day is potentially the last day of my life (I know this is the case for everyone, but some of us are more at risk than others) and yet here I sit on my fat arse, fucking around on the internet.
7. Coffee or tea? Tea, absolutely.
8. What do you care very, very passionately about? Kimono, and the preservation and history thereof. It pains me to see such a cultural tradition dying off, so whenever I see young people learning to appreciate and protect them, it warms my heart.
9. Can you draw? (If you can, my eternal admiration is yours.) I can doodle somewhat and used to sell portraits on Gaia Online, but it’s not very good, haha. I haven’t practiced in a long time.
10. Preferred strength/type of chocolate? I am a filthy uncultured heathen, and love milk chocolate XD
11. Do you have a life philosophy? (If yes, what is it?) Nothing particularly deep, just live my life as well as I can with what I’ve got, and be compassionate to others.
My eleven questions:
1. What is the first website you open when you sit down at your computer?
2. One thing you did in April that you are particularly proud of?
3. Name one book you absolutely hated that everyone else seems to love.
4. Make up a signature cocktail for yourself. If you don’t drink alcohol, make a virgin one.
5. What’s one thing you did that you’re absolutely mortified by, but you admit most other people probably don’t even remember?
6. Do you have a pop music guilty pleasure? Something you wouldn’t normally admit to liking?
7. Who would you say influences your artistic/creative style?
8. Best pet you ever had? If you never had any pets, just put a photo of an animal here :P
9. Do you still have any toys from when you were a baby? If so, what?
10. One piece of software you couldn’t live without?
11. Say something to your ten-year-old self.
I tag: consultingdepressive, youareprettybenedictcumberbatch, emmadelosnardos, chasingriversong, kltten, fullonmonet, valeria2067, bendingsignpost, gruenlich, suchanadorer, galaxia7